All it takes is 3 chords and a dream!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The waning days of 2010...

As 2010 winds to a close Wildy's World is planning ahead!  Beginning on December 22, 2010 I will conduct the annual year-end countdown of the top 40 releases I've covered during the past year.  These will consist of releases dropped in 2009 or 2010 that Wildy's World covered during the 2010 calendar year.  On New Year's Eve I'll also reveal a handful of Award categories.  No trophies or prizes will be handed out, but bragging rights are always fun. 

Beginning on January 1, 2011 Wildy's World is going to change focus a little bit.  I'll still be bringing your reviews of albums of great Indie and established artists, but I am stepping back from publishing every day.  While I've enjoyed doing so for the past three years now, the other commitments in my life effectively keep me from being able to do so on a daily basis.  Even as I step back, I am hoping to expand what we offer.  To that end, I am looking for contributors who might be willing to submit live reviews for shows they attend, reviews of albums of Indie artists from individuals in their own markets, etc.  I also hope to convince some of you artists out there to commit to one-time or even periodic submissions on various subjects related to making your living with music.   There won't be any pay for these submissions.  I'd have to generate income from the blog to pay anyone...

I hope to begin publishing a regularly updated new release list of Indie and established artists as well as covering limited press releases and industry news.  The point is to step back from the daily chore of writing a bit (but not entirely), and move more into an editorial role.  I will continue to write reviews of things that catch my ear, and I may talk about artists/albums submitted in the course of regular posts even if I don't choose to do a formal review.  I will also be opening a Google Group for Wildy's World in order to share approved MP3s from artists I think you should know about.

So many of you have shared this project with me over the past three years, and I have enjoyed the ride thus far.  I hope to continue with Wildy's World and turn it into something even greater than it's been.  I hope some of you who have participated on the other side of the glass up until now are ready to step inside the machine.  Here's looking at you, dear readers.  Let's move into 2011 and take new ground.

Sincerely,

Wildy

No comments: